This blog has moved and will no longer be updated at this location. Please go to www.thebeadpursuit.com and follow the blog to get notified of new content.
Box #3 is called “Red Knot”. I wasn’t feeling this one at all. It looks great, I’m really happy with it and I was very much looking forward to beading this box but when it came to it I just wasn’t in the mood. But 1 box a month is the challenge and I’m going to make it.
Red Knot is a lot bigger than the previous boxes so naturally it took longer to make and it had a material cost of 20€.
I deviated a little bit from the colors listed in the book. The red used in the book is actually the same red I used in my first box but I wanted a darker red so I went for maroon.
I ran out of color A when I was about 4 rounds away from being finished with the lid so I used color B instead. You’d have to have some kind of super eyesight to be able to spot that though so it does not by any means ruin the pattern.
That’s it for the triangle-shaped boxes. Next up, the hexagon!
- 8 mm Light Siam AB flattened round faceted glass beads for the feet and finial.
- Hybrid Pepper Red Picasso 11/0 seed beads
- Dyed Op Maroon 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0654
- Matte Tr Root Beer 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0769
- Op Cream AB 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0157
- Antique Beige Ceylon 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0204
- Light Caramel Ceylon 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0205
- Dyed Light Apricot SL Alabaster 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0621
- 6 lb Fireline, smoke
# broken beads 0
# broken needles 2
# broken threads 0