This blog has moved and will no longer be updated at this location. Please go to www.thebeadpursuit.com and follow the blog to get notified of new content.
Box #2 is called “Egypt”. It was fun to work on this one since the box gets narrower as you work, the rows gets shorter and pretty soon you have a complete box.
Not much trouble to speak of. I tried the new and improved hem method by downloading the pdf from Julia’s site. It was a lot easier to make the hem following these new instructions. The book has some errors in it so you have to visit her website for those corrections as well. Since this book was published she has come up with some very cool new box designs that can be purchased from her website.
I’m happy with how it turned out and I look forward to start working on the next box.
- 8 mm Frosted Topaz Polaris beads for the feet and a 10×5 mm Topaz Bohemian glass teardrop bead for the finial.
- Topaz 11/0 seed beads
- Goldenrod Lined Topaz AB 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0272
- Matte Tr Lt Topaz AB 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0852
- Op Cream AB 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0157
- Beige Lined Topaz AB 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #1734
- 6 lb Fireline, smoke
# broken beads 0
# broken needles 1
# broken threads 0