This blog has moved and will no longer be updated at this location. Please go to www.thebeadpursuit.com and follow the blog to get notified of new content.
It was a lot of fun to work on this box. I had some problems at first using too much tension and pulling the thread by the needle, resulting in 2 broken needles before I had finished the first part of the box, the base. It ended up being somewhat concave so I applied what I had learned from the base when I made the lid. With less tension, after a few high-tension rounds in the beginning, the lid stayed fairly flat.
I broke my first and only! bead when I was adding the hem to the sides of the box. I switched my #12 needle for a #13 and the rest of the hem was less challenging. Sometimes it proved best to just remove the needle and feed the 6 lb Fireline thread through the beads on its own.
I’m happy with the box. It looks good, especially when the light hits the goldstone bead on top of the lid and it sparkles. ♥
- 8 mm Bronze Bohemian glass pearls for the feet and a 10 mm Goldstone gemstone bead for the finial.
- Dark Bronze 11/0 Toho seed beads
- Met Brown Iris 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0007
- Spkl Beige Lined Root Beer AB 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #1750
- Op Red AB 11/0 Miyuki Delica beads #0162
- 6 lb Fireline, smoke
# broken beads 1
# broken needles 2
# broken threads 1